Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Soaking In It

I've been surfing a wave of nostalgia lately, digging up old music and rolling around in it like a black lab in a pile of shit.

I'm surprised you can't smell it on me now.

In this edition, we're visiting high school -- where my boif Jason was busily giving me a full education on the history of new wave. I mean, I wasn't in high school in the early eighties, but that's where I was introduced to the twisted delights of Oingo Boingo.

Ah, Danny Elfman. Delighting children for generations with the theme from The Simpsons, the rollicking, original songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas -- and every Tim Burton film, for that matter.

And, kinda, every film and tv show in the last ten years.

oh, and this gem:



On the joys of molesting young girls. Isn't it a dream come true? Isn't it a nightmare too?

(PS: I had no idea until I googled this that there was A VIDEO with A CHORUS OF MIDGETS in existence. I fucking love the Internet.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I apologize for not watching the video sooner, when you told me to.

Disturbing.

Damn you, HP...you've topped my creepiness.

Ten-fold.

Maybe eleven.

I didn't know this shit was in your psyche.

I think I'm in love.

Hipster Pit said...

Oh, Buckets, baby, you ain't seen nothin', yet.

Hipster Pit said...

BTW, I assume you're referring, here, to the many, many mixed metaphors in this post.