Tuesday, February 19, 2008

TaperWorm

So, now has come the time for me to taper off my meds, something I have been terrified of doing now for years.

But, I gotta be a man, man.

Started on Saturday. Since it was a long weekend, its hard to say if I'm having any neurological symptoms yet, or if I've just been supes hungover.

Today the volume seems turned up on things, and I have a little buzzing, not unlike when you drink eight iced lattes on a hot afternoon and spend the rest of the day jolting out of your chair because WHAT WAS THAT OMG???

Fun times! Three days down. 27 to go.

4 comments:

Curry Favor said...

what are you stopping?

Hipster Pit said...

Effexor XR 150MG

Curry Favor said...

ouch that's a tough one for the disco syndrome. have yr doc set you up with a prozac starter kit. the longer half-life of prozac masks much of the venlafaxine discontinuation symptoms. i shit you not.

Hipster Pit said...

Oh, yes, I'm all too familiar -- actually was talking to my doc in Chicago about just this. My doc here was reluctant to do that. We'll see. . .